- Respecting your privacy
- What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
- How do we collect and hold personal information?
- Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
- How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
- How can you complain about our management of personal information?
- Our sharing of your personal information overseas
- Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
- More information
- Cookies Statement
- Collection Notice
1. Respecting your privacy
The Official NBA Online Store New Zealand operated by Infinite Retail (Australian Business Number 19 158 215 984) (We) on behalf of NBA. We are committed to protecting your privacy, and to compliance with applicable privacy laws which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices.
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. These are referred to in clause 9 below.
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect and hold personal information that is reasonably necessary for the operation of the site, which may include:
- your personal details such as your name, email and/or physical addresses, telephone numbers, employer, date of birth, age and gender;
- financial information (such as your credit card details);
- your order number, customer reference number or loyalty card number;
any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of one of our loyalty programs;
- what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us; and
- demographic information such as your postcode and your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us, but not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information:
When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you visit our websites;
- you purchase products from us online;
- you register with us, for example to create an account, to become a member of one of our loyalty programs or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you contact one of our call centres or chat lines or bring a claim against us.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on online media, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies“. For information about our use of this technology, refer to the Cookies Statement at end of policy.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us, but there are some instances where we may collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you, or on whose behalf we process your purchases.
Holding of personal information:
Personal information we hold is stored on our web servers in secure environments. These servers may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
All credit/debit card information you provide to us is transmitted via secure technology to the payment processor. Credit card details are not stored by us. For more information about credit card security, refer to the Credit Card Security page.
Your personal information is password-protected to prevent unauthorised access to it. You should not divulge your password to anyone.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our products and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our products and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
- We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our products and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses. We may also disclose your personal information to NBA.
- We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law. When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for our own purposes or those of our group companies, or the purposes of NBA or the carefully selected commercial partners of us or NBA. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you at any time. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
- We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
5. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Enquiry and access:
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on dedicated phone number 1300 304 334.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Infinite Retail Pty Ltd
28-30 Marshall Court
ALTONA VIC 3018
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
If you need to correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points.
6. How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Privacy Officer will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation (contact details in clause 10 below).
7. Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination. We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- where we have made a business decision to host our websites or store our data with trusted service providers who are in the business of providing website hosting, data storage and/or data processing services. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in; and for disclosures between our group companies. Our main business location is in Australia, but some of our group companies may be based in other countries from time to time;
- when our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location;
- when NBA, or where relevant the commercial partners of us or NBA, are located in a different country to your location;
- when our supply to you necessarily involves overseas disclosures. For example where we need to provide certain of your personal information to one or more of our overseas product suppliers in order to fulfil your order;
- where you are involved with public liability issues concerning a product we may disclose your personal information to any overseas supplier of such a product in the course of managing those issues.
9. Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses. For example we may have different or additional privacy terms governing our loyalty programs, or on our corporate website www.infiniteretail.com, and we have separate charters concerning the personal information of our employees. There are also separate terms governing the use of our sites and the purchase of products from our sites.
10. More information
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at email@example.com, or on 1300 363 992, or at GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
11. Cookies Statement
About this statement
Cookies may be arranged (“set”) by us or by others under an arrangement with us, such as companies whose business it is to analyse information. We may also access information from cookies set by others (“3rd party cookies”).
Why should you know about cookies?
You should know about cookies because they involve the collection of information about you (which may or may not be personal information) in a way which may not be obvious to you.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small pieces of information captured when your device is used to access online content. Cookies are stored in your device by the person who arranges for the cookie to be set. This person may be the provider of the content being accessed, or it might be a 3rd party. 3rd party cookies are used to provide information about your device's access to more than one discrete site or data set.
Why do we allow cookies to be used?
We allow cookies to be used for three reasons.
- First, we allow session cookies to be used when you visit our online content. This enables your device to move from page to page without having to log in repeatedly. These generally improve your browsing experience.
- Second, we allow persistent (permanent) cookies to be used to better inform how the content your device visits may be presented to you. Persistent cookies can store your preferences for a particular site, so they will be remembered when the site is visited again.
- Third, we allow persistent and other kinds of permanent cookies (such as “flash” cookies) to be set and we access information from 3rd party cookies in order to assist in compiling and analysing the types of online content you visit and your interaction with that content. This assists us to assess what promotions to offer to you, and when and how. It also assists us to measure the effectiveness of our promotions.
What are your choices about cookies?
You can control the extent to which your device allows cookies to be set on it. You can do this by changing the settings on the software your device uses to access the internet (your browser software). For example, depending on which browser your device uses, you may be able to disable third party cookies.
There is a lot of information available about how cookies work and how to change your browser’s cookie preferences. This includes information at the following links:
- What Are Cookies
- Your Online Choices
- Privacy Commissioner Fact Sheet on Online Behavioural Advertising
12. Collection Notice
The entity collecting your personal information via the Official NBA online store is Infinite Retail (Australian Business Number 19 158 215 984). Our contact details are at the foot of this Collection Notice.
We may collect personal information such as your name, address, contact details and identification details, primarily for the purpose of and incidental to selling and promoting our products and services to you in a secure way.
We may use your personal information to consider any requests you make of us, for the purpose of promoting our products and services or those of our commercial partners (if you separately consent to receiving marketing materials), for research and analytical purposes, to perform administrative functions, and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also disclose your personal information to NBA.
If you do not provide this information in whole or in part, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require.
We will treat any information that you give us as confidential. However, we may pass this information on to NBA, to our group companies, to our or NBA commercial partners (if you separately consent to receiving marketing materials) or to other businesses who perform functions or services on our behalf, such as delivery, IT services, mailing functions, call centre, gateway providers, organisations that assist us to check for or prevent unauthorised or fraudulent transactions, or where otherwise required by law. We will request any third party to which your personal information is disclosed to also treat the information as confidential.
It is possible that your personal information may be disclosed to persons or organisations located overseas, for example where NBA or the other persons or service providers referred to above are located overseas. It is not practicable to say definitively the overseas countries where we may share your personal information, but they may include the United States, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, the Philippines and India.
If you have an enquiry about privacy, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 1300 303 722. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm (AEST). Alternatively, you can write to the Privacy Officer – Infinite Retail, PO Box 6217, North Sydney NSW 2060.
If you have any questions about credit card security please contact our Customer Service Team.